Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jenga!

So...life as a mom is like a game of Jenga. You know what needs to be done, but in order to do it there are 10 other things that need to be done first! I'm sure that life would run much more smoothly with just a little sleep!! LOL (Please tell me it will!)

Today was day 3 of cloth diapering E, and it is going great! I am doing much better than I expected...and he is doing really well too. Honestly, I don't think the little "tank engine" even noticed the difference. It sure didn't slow him down any at all. Check out his little orange bottom!! I love love love Fuzzi Bunz! In fact...I'm dabbling in sewing a bit and have found the fabric that I need to make a pocket diaper similar to FuzziBunz. I have actually made 1 and of course it neads a bit of tweaking before it's perfect, but it's also not as difficult as you might imagine.

So...let's talk about crochet!! I have been working on several different designs in the last few days. I am going to have a 4th of July special on Red, White, and Blue products!! I should have some pictures of them up at http://mamanettiescrochet.etsy.com/ by Monday! I've been working like crazy on a pattern for a head wrap and it came to me this morning at about 3:45! (Moments of genius come to me when I haven't slept and don't see any sleep in my near future!! That's God letting me know that I'm going to survive!! LOL!) L has been cutting his first tooth...and re-cutting his first tooth...and re-cutting his first tooth for the past few days. The poor little one is miserable and gassy and fussy and just plain exhausted. (And so is mommy!) Anyway, I was up already, and all of the sudden I knew just how I wanted to do the headwrap! It's awesome! Check out the pictures! It looks like knit doesn't it!!!? I'm so excited, you who crochet will not believe how I did it! I'm sure that if you're familiar with crochet at all, you are familiar with the slip stitch. It is the one that you use to connect, it's usually not used for anything else at all...just to connect 2 pieces, or create a circle. Well...I slip stitched this! I love the way it feels too! If you want to try the stitch out, you chain the length that you want, sl st in second ch from hook across, chain 1, turn, and go into the first sl st from hook to make a straight edge. Let me know if you try it! I'm anxious to hear what you think! This headwrap will have a button on the back, I just haven't covered the button yet. It will be for sale on Etsy tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment