Monday, April 2, 2012

Enter To Win!!

Hey guys! I am posting a pattern for my first time! If you try it I'd love to know what you think.  I wish I had a tiny baby to photograph this blanket and hat set on and with but my sweet little ones are getting so big!  Anyway, the pattern for the blanket is below, I wasn't brave enough to try writing out the pattern for the hat just yet.

I will also be GIVING AWAY the finished set that you see in these photos!  Follow my blog and post a quick comment and you'll be entered to win! Even if you don't have a tiny baby who would enjoy this set, it would make a wonderful gift!

You have until 12:00 Noon on Monday, April 9th to enter and the winner will be announced on the following Tuesday morning! Best of luck!



This pattern calls for 2 colors of Bulky weight yarn.

Size K hook


Basic Blanket:

With color 1: Chain 41

Row 1: HDC in 3rd ch from hk and in each ch across. (ch 2 = 1st HDC throughout)

Rows 2-30: CH2 and turn, HDC in each st across(Do not tie off...do not cut)

Border

Round 1: Chain 5, Do not turn, work crossed TC stitch in the corner, Work Crossed TC stitches around and join with slip stitch in 3rd ch of ch 5. (note: There will be a couple of times when you have to put a TC in a stitch that you've already stitched in, in order to finish out the edge, that's ok, it is incredibly forgiving and the next row will make it lay beautifully.)

Round 2: Tie on color 2 and cut color 1. In the corner Ch 1 space, PUFF, ch2, PUFF, *Ch 2, PUFF, Ch 2, PUFF, ch 2 * across. In corner Puff St, Ch 3, Puff St. Continue around. Slip stitch to top of first puff stitch to finish round. Note: Puff stitches go in the ch 1 spaces of the previous row.

Round 3:  ch 2, do not turn. 2 sc in each ch 1 space and 1 sc on top of each puff stitch, 6 sc in each corner space between 2 puff stitches. slip st to connect.

Round 4:  Ch 2, HDC in each st around, except around corners: in corners - HDC in the first 2sts, 2 HDC in the next 2sts, and HDC in last 2 sts.  Slip st to connect.

Round 5:  Chain 5, do not turn, work round of crossed TC stitches.

Change to color 1. 

Round 6:  Work round of PUFF stitches, same as Round 2 above.

Round 7:  Work round of single crochet 2 sc in each ch 1 space and 1 sc on top of each PUFF, 5 sc in each corner space between 2 PUFFS. slip st to connect. tie off and weave in ends.





8 comments:

  1. I love the hat, it is so cute :) The blue border is very unique. I haven't seen one done like this before. Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really need to work up the hat pattern. I've been crocheting for the majority of my life, but I've just begun writing down the patterns that I make up. I'm anxious to hear if fellow crocheters can follow my craziness :) Please let me know if you try it!

      Delete
    2. I am a newbie at crocheting, so I am not good at understanding some of the more complex (complex to me) stitches, like the puff stitch, bullion, stitch, X stitch, popcorn stitch, basket weave stitch, etc.:) I learned the basics by watching a video on YouTube a little over a year ago LOL I am going to give it a try, maybe a blankie for my son, Kemo :) (my Chinese Crested). He loves new blankies to keep him warm. I will send you a pic of my results when I am done :)

      Delete
  2. I love the use of the puff stitch in the border--makes a soft but sturdy look! This pattern is lovely and could be used for either boy or girl.

    The hat is so adorable! I love the long, long chain stitch tassel -- it gives the hat the elfish/impish look, so cute!

    I have a friend who is having a baby in June who would just love this set! Thanks for entering me in your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute border! I love it. I have just the person in mind to give this too. I have to try making it!!

    Thank you.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how it goes for you! If you have any trouble at all with the Crossed TC's on the border I have a posted tutorial at http://loveinthestitches.blogspot.com/2012/04/crossed-tcs.html or feel free to contact me.

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you just use one skein of each color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size is this blanket?

    ReplyDelete